Live Green in Plano Champion Program
The Live Green in Plano (LGIP) Champion Program is a 10-hour, 4 class series that provides the opportunity to learn about the environmental and healthy well-being of our community through sustainability. LGIP Champions put their knowledge to use as active volunteers in the LGIP Volunteer Program through various opportunities to extend the Live Green in Plano outreach efforts.
Course material is presented through interactive presentations, tours and class discussions:
- Take a detailed tour of the Environmental Education Center, the City’s first LEED Platinum Certified building!
- Understand Plano’s residential recycling program, and tour the Household Chemical Reuse Center.
- Soak up water conservation tips while learning about the importance of conserving water
- Receive an introduction to composting and Texas SmartScape landscaping.
- Learn simple yet effective skills to conserve energy and save money in your home.
- Gain community outreach skills to share your newly acquired knowledge with confidence.
Perks of becoming a LGIP Champion include:
- Receive a LGIP Volunteer polo and name badge after completing the 4 class series and 20 hours of volunteer service.
- Meet like-minded community members who want to make a difference like you!
- Share your knowledge and create awareness in the community and beyond.
The LGIP Champion Program opened my eyes to the City of Plano’s commitment to empowering the individual on sustainability practices through quality programming, physical tools, and ongoing support from the Environmental Education staff. -Jaime B., LGIP Champion Program graduate
As a new resident, I was eager to participate in the LGIP Champion Program to become acquainted with sustainable practices available in Plano and meet like-minded residents. As a result of my involvement, I have developed an obsession with litter abatement and enjoy some good trash talk (preferably related to recycling). –Becky S., LGIP Champion Program graduate
This program is only offered once a year, so don’t miss out! *Registration is required and can be found here.
*An online volunteer profile must be created to register for this program.
Fall 2019 Class schedule:
- Tuesday, September 10, 6-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 12, 6-8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 17, 6-8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 19, 6-8:30 p.m.
Learn about the year-round Live Green in Plano Volunteer Program.